Motorway Traffic Control Centre Website Privacy Notice
1.1The Motorway Traffic Control Centre website (mtcc.ie) is operated by Egis Road and Tunnel Operation Ireland Ltd (ERTO) on behalf of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (“TII”). ERTO and TII fully respect your right to privacy, and treat all data collected through this website in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
1.2TII was established following the statutory merger of the National Roads Authority and the Railway Procurement Agency under the Roads Act 2015. TII is the data controller in respect of this data and its main address is:
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland.
- Parkgate Business Centre,
- Parkgate Street, Dublin 8,
- D08 DK10,
1.3ERTO is an Irish company that processes personal information on behalf of TII in order to operate the Motorway Traffic Control Centre and the mtcc.ie website. We can be contacted:
- by post: Data Protection Officer, Egis Road and Tunnel Operation Ireland Ltd., Tunnel Control Building, East Wall Road, Dublin 3, D03 NH3;
- by email: DPO@erto.ie.
2. Collection and use of personal information
2.1We will collect no personally identifying information about you when you visit this website unless you choose to provide that information to us. The information we collect depends on options selected when visiting this website.
2.2f you visit this website to browse, read or download we automatically collect and store your IP address, browser type and length of user sessions. We use this information to help us make this website more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to this website and the type of technology that our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals on their visits. We may compile and report aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information. Any such statistic will not include any personally identifying information.
2.3You may choose to provide us with personal data associated with some of the services provided on the website, for example, registering to use the system for purposes of road space booking and planned events booking.
2.4Whenever you register to use the website, you may choose to provide us with your personal information including the following:
- Full Name;
- Email Address;
- Phone Number.
2.5Collected information is used solely for the purposes of managing your booking. Your personal data is stored securely and kept for no longer than is necessary.
2.6From time to time, we may contact you, with your consent, using your email address in relation to Customer Satisfaction Surveys. You have the right to opt-out from receiving the email from us by emailing us at DPO@erto.ie or writing to us.
3. Purpose of Processing and Legal Basis
3.1ERTO processes personal data in order to:
- a) respond to queries and complaints from members of the public, and
- b) comply with TII’s other statutory obligations.
3.2TII’s legal basis for collecting and using this information is that such processing is necessary to comply with TII’s legal and regulatory obligations and to carry out its tasks in the public interest and/or in the exercise of official authority vested in TII. In certain limited circumstances processing your personal data may be on the basis of your consent – where this is the case you will be asked to give a positive indication of that consent.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, in the following circumstances:
- We may share personal data with service providers and sub-contractors who assist us with the operation of aspects of our services and functions, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors.
- If you send us a comment, complaint or query in relation to a matter that we are not responsible for, we will ask you permission to pass on your communication to the relevant third party.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of TII, our customers, or others.
- Where we are otherwise permitted by law.
5.2If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. Disabling cookie support may prevent this website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilise fully all its features and information.
|Sessionid||mtcc.ie||Provides full support for anonymous sessions. The session framework lets you store and retrieve arbitrary data on a per-site-visitor basis. It stores data on the server side and abstracts the sending and receiving of cookies. Cookies contain a session ID – not the data itself.||14 days||HTTP Cookie|
6. Transfers Abroad
6.1In connection with the above ERTO may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that ERTO does so, ERTO will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with its obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Further details of the measures that ERTO has taken in this regard are available from the ERTO Data Protection Officer using the contact details in Section 1.3 above.
7. Transfers Abroad
7.1ERTO has the discretion to update this privacy notice at any time. When we do, we post a notification on the main page of our website (www.mtcc.ie). We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal data we process.
8. Transfers Abroad
8.1You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another data controller, and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
8.2In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details in Section 1.3 above.
9. Transfers Abroad
9.1We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
9.2Our retention periods differ depending on the type of categories of personal data held. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10. Transfers Abroad
10.1From time to time we may decide to change our privacy statement, but any changes will be posted on this page to keep you up to date on how we collect, use and disclose information. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this privacy statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you, and you will have the choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
11. Transfers Abroad
11.1If you have any questions or complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in Section 1.3 above. Alternatively, TII’s Data Protection Officer may be contacted as follows:
- by post: Data Protection Officer, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10
- by phone: +353 1 646 3600
- by email: email@example.com
11.2Further information about data protection can be found on the Data Protection Commission’s website: www.dataprotection.ie.